MAY 12th| Day 1-Introductions
Why are you here? What are your goals?
Who is driving this?
How much time are you willing to devote to this?
- Finding opportunities
- Managing social media
- Managing profiles on professional sites
- Skills improvement activities (classes/free work)
- Meeting with prospective agents
- Auditions, callbacks, filming/shooting
What are your options?
- All of the above
Why is pays to be a “triple threat.”
- The more you can do, the more options you’ll have
- How to get experience when you have little or none
- Local studios
- Free local workshops
- Dance Council of North Texas
- Local Performing Arts High schools
- Local professional dance performances
• Vocal coaches/music schools
• School music teacher/director
• Acting coaches/schools
• School productions
- Local free shoot-outs/workshops
- Facebook and Instagram groups
MAY 26th| Day 2-Photo Shoot Time
- Will go over the basic of what type of head shots there are
- What clothing works best (will send out notification prior to attendees to bring certain pieces)
- We will discuss lighting, clothing, make-up and hair
- We will discuss what looks good for social media
- How to do 3-point lighting at home.
- Free and for pay resources
- Local agencies and how to apply.
Auditions & Meeting Agents
- Managers and casting directors
- Hands-on practice (Mock Interviews)